I love to bake but don’t get to do it quite as often as I would like. That’s why I love this super quick & easy gingerbread recipe. The dough can be used for all sorts of festive biscuits, stars, trees or even a gingerbread house!
- 350g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter
- 175g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl rub together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda & the butter. It should look like breadcrumbs with no big lumps.
- Mix in the sugar, egg & golden syrup. Your ingredients should now form a firm dough.
- Roll your dough out until it is 5mm thick & cut out your biscuits – I went for gingerbread men!
- Lay your biscuits on baking trays covered with sheets of baking greaseproof paper & bake for 10-15 mins.
- Remove from the oven when they are light golden brown, they will still be soft to the touch, & allow to cool.
- Decorate however you like & enjoy!
Top Tips With Easy Gingerbread:
Try putting a small hole in the top of your biscuits before you bake them. Once cooled & decorated you can thread a ribbon through the hole to create hanging decorations.
You could also package them up – they make a great gift for a friend, family member or teacher.
This recipe is ideal for making with children, they love to ice the biscuits. Get creative with fondant, icing or sweeties to stick on. You can either buy icing or make your own using icing sugar, water & food colouring.
This is one of my favourite festive recipes – I’d love for you to share your recipes with me this Chritsmas.